top of page
Search
  • Writer's pictureThe San Juan Daily Star

Governor to resume yearly protocol greeting



Gov. Pedro Pierluisi

By The Star Staff


The yearly protocol greeting, which was interrupted by the COVID-19 pandemic, will resume early next month at La Fortaleza, Gov. Pedro Pierluisi Urrutia confirmed on Tuesday.


The event will take place on Wednesday, Jan. 3 and Thursday, Jan. 4, 2024. Members of the judicial branch, the legislative branch, mayors, consular corps, federal officials and presidents of other countries have been invited.


“On January 3 and 4, the tradition of the protocol greeting, which had been interrupted due to the pandemic, will resume, but everything is returning to normal, and it is a beautiful tradition that fosters a climate of friendship and respect among all public officials, particularly elected and senior government officials, federal officials, and members of the judiciary,” the governor said. “So we will resume it at the beginning of the year.”


Regarding the dynamic that will take place on both days, Pierluisi said “what we want to make sure is that this greeting is made and that we cover everyone.”


“So, it is divided into two days so that no one is left without participating in the greeting,” he added.


Regarding those participating, the governor noted that “there are the members of the constitutional cabinet, the justices of the Puerto Rico Supreme Court, the consular corps, there are all the mayors, all the legislators, and federal officials, main federal officials.”


“In the same way, unions and [professional] associations are invited,” he said.

29 views0 comments
bottom of page