General Atlantic picks JPMorgan to lead revived IPO effort, source says
- The San Juan Daily Star

- 1 day ago
- 2 min read

Investment firm General Atlantic has tapped JPMorgan Chase to lead its initial public offering, according to a source familiar with the matter, reviving listing plans that had been stalled for nearly three years.
The New York-based company has also hired Morgan Stanley and Goldman Sachs for the IPO, which could take place as soon as this year, the source said.
The source, who requested anonymity because the discussions were private, said talks are ongoing and offering details, including the number of banks involved, could change.
General Atlantic, Morgan Stanley and Goldman Sachs declined comment. JPMorgan did not immediately respond to a Reuters request for comment.
The firm confidentially filed for a listing in December 2023, but delayed the offering due to market volatility.
The U.S. IPO market has rebounded in recent months, with the listing of Elon Musk’s SpaceX earlier this year among the most prominent offerings, as strong investor sentiment has encouraged more companies across sectors to go public.
General Atlantic manages about $130 billion in assets and has invested a total of $121 billion since its inception, according to its website.
Its global investment portfolio includes artificial intelligence company Anthropic, India’s digital payments firm PhonePe and Mexican bank Banamex.
Bloomberg News was first to report the hiring of JPMorgan as lead underwriter, while The Wall Street Journal was first to report the revival of the listing plans.
U.S. home builder sentiment unexpectedly ticked higher in August, but residential construction firms’ confidence remains weak overall, weighed down by economic uncertainty, high mortgage rates and steep building costs aggravated by the U.S.-led war with Iran, a survey showed on Monday.
The National Association of Home Builders/Wells Fargo Housing Market index rose one point to a reading of 35 this month from July’s unrevised level of 34. Economists polled by Reuters had forecast the index would decline for a third straight month to 33.
A NAHB subindex measuring current sales of single-family homes ticked up to 39, the highest since May, from 37 in July, while measures of future sales and prospective buyer foot traffic were both unchanged.
On a regional basis, sentiment edged up in the Northeast, South and West and was unchanged in the Midwest.
The national index level in August marked the 16th straight month it has remained below 40, the longest such stretch since 2012. Indeed, the index has not breached the 50 level demarking business conditions that builders consider to be positive in more than two years.
“While builder sentiment edged higher in August, builders continue to contend with high construction costs and broader economic uncertainty,” NAHB Chairman Bill Owens, a home builder and remodeler from Worthington, Ohio, said in a statement. “Rising gas and diesel prices are pushing up material costs, and spec home building remains weak as many prospective buyers stay on the sidelines.”



Comments